Skip to main content

Trending Post

Music: V.I.P Crane – “Oluwanishola” (Prod. by Spy6ix)

Many were called...but chosen are the few. No listening ear will have regrets for  VIP crane's  music. 2016 lockdown- This talented artiste has taken time to voice out a wake up call for all youths and citizens to rise and aim at being successful in life. This vocalist from Team Fiery Immortals Nation unplugs a rhythm on Gasmillah's instrumental (Ghanaian producer) with several wordplay,proverbs,punch lines, and lovable hooks- above all,a perfect chorus. ' Oluwanishola ' inspires listeners never to be bothered by the ups and downs of life and never to give up regardless of what 'people' say or do. VIP-no doubt is ready to take the music industry to the next height. A couple of his tracks are available online on top blogs and youtube He is soon to release featuring tracks with home-based artistes  Horlaitan  and  Abd'Malik . Abeeb Babalawlar a.k.a VIP crane hails from Osun state but he is for now a Kwara based artiste. The acclaimed 'Vocalist war

Phyno affected my career positively–RITA EDMOND

Out of the blue, Rita Edmond popped into the limelight after emails linking her romantically to rave-of-the-moment rapper, Phyno, sur­faced. Ever since, her world has not been the same. In this chat with NKECHI CHIMA, the singer opens up on how the experience has transformed her career. Excerpts:
How did you become a singer?
I have always had a passion for music. Despite the fact that I studied Industrial Chemistry, my vision in life has always been to become a singer and I have no regrets so far.
When exactly did you start your music career?
I have been singing from my childhood. Though, it might sound funny, talent knows no age barrier. It all started in my church. From the children’s choir I graduated to the adult choir. When I got into the university I started writing my own songs. After graduation in 2012, I recorded my first song entitled, Tick Talk and it came out fantastic; it enjoyed massive airplay nationwide. And I also recorded Crazy About You, which also made relative impact.
Have you released an album yet?
I haven’t released an album yet; it is still in progress. But I have released three offi­cial singles entitled, Tick Talk, Crazy About You, and Lovy Lovy, my latest single.
What is Lovy Lovy all about?
Lovy Lovy is a highlife love song; it is all about a girl’s state of mind in a relationship. Most people may assume the song was released due to the scandal between Phyno and myself because I mentioned him in the song, but it has little to do with it. Basically, it is a situation where a girl is in love with a guy but does not know how to express it.
You just returned from a radio tour of the US, what was your experience like?
This has been one of the most enjoyable moments in my career because beyond all expectations, fans in the US accepted me so passionately; they just loved my music and rallied round to ensure my radio tour in New York, New Jersey, Baltimore Maryland and Washington was a huge success.
I absolutely enjoyed moving from state to state, and most importantly, fans’ apprecialand and Washington was a huge success. tion after my show in downtown Baltimore on September 4 was exceptionally awesome! Generally, the experience was great and I look forward to having more massive shows in America. ­
Are you signed under any record label?
Yes, I am on Bigspin Entertainment, my management outfit and record label.
How would you categorise your kind of music?
I am versatile but I sing more of afropop which I infuse into our traditional sound. Basically, I sing different genre of music like reggae, R&B and highlife; Lovy Lovy is a highlife song. You can also call me a pop sensation.
You sing so much about love and relationships, have you been in love before?
I have been in love and it feels good to be in love. However, I sing about love because it is a beautiful thing. You cannot over-emphasize the subject of love; it makes the world go round. If there is no love in the world, there would be crisis.
Which of our musicians do you wish to do collabo with in no distant time?
I wish to do collabos with Flavour, Tuface Idibia, Omawunmi, Tiwa Savage and Waje. I love Waje’s voice range; her vocal ability is amazing and classy. Internationally, I desire a collabo with Rihanna; I love her a lot; she inspires me a great deal.
What are you working on pres­ently?
I have been spending a lot of time in the studio, thumbs up to Bigspin Entertainment. I am working on a new single entitled, Bass Guitar, which will drop soon and it promises to be great; it is going to be a party banger!
How did the pregnancy rumour for Phyno affect you and how did you cope with it?
The Phyno saga actually hit me like a ton of bricks! I had no idea where the story came from. It was so embarrassing. People kept calling to ask if I was actually pregnant for Phyno. The news was everywhere. It went viral on social media. Honestly, I laughed when the first person mentioned it. I thought it was just a joke until she told me it was a hot item in the news. I was shocked when I saw my picture and Phyno’s on social media stating the heartbreaking rumour. I actually cried because of the dirt on my image as a young lady. But I have put it behind me and moved on.
Are you saying you were not in any relationship with Phyno?
I never dated Phyno and I don’t intend to go into a romantic relationship with him. But, he is a nice and handsome guy even if I have a crush on him; it will be because of his style of music.
What if he decides to go into a relationship with you?
Let him come and ask me out then we will find out (laughter).
How did that rumour transform your career?
It affected my career positively. People were happy because Phyno is loved by many. In fact, I won’t mince words be­cause the experience opened doors for me. Wherever I go, before I say Jackie Robinson, people ask ‘Are you Rita Edmond, Phyno’s girlfriend?’ And I tell them that no, I am Rita Edmond but I am not dating Phyno. They give me preferential treatment where­ever I go. It has actually helped me to make meaningful friendships in the entertainment industry.
Who is the guy after your heart?
Honestly, I have someone in my life but it is my private life. Most people have been asking on social media if the guy in the video of Lovy Lovy is my man. Let me state here categorically that he is not my boyfriend but a model.
What is your ideal man like?
(Smiles) My ideal man has to be good looking, hardwork­ing, should have a clear, smooth skin and a sense of purpose, and above all, he must be God fearing.
You are quite attractive, are you also a model?
I was a profes­sional model but my musical career has taking much of my time and attention. But, if you give me a modelling job, I will grace the deal   (Laughter).

Comments

Popular Post

Music: V.I.P Crane – “Oluwanishola” (Prod. by Spy6ix)

Many were called...but chosen are the few. No listening ear will have regrets for  VIP crane's  music. 2016 lockdown- This talented artiste has taken time to voice out a wake up call for all youths and citizens to rise and aim at being successful in life. This vocalist from Team Fiery Immortals Nation unplugs a rhythm on Gasmillah's instrumental (Ghanaian producer) with several wordplay,proverbs,punch lines, and lovable hooks- above all,a perfect chorus. ' Oluwanishola ' inspires listeners never to be bothered by the ups and downs of life and never to give up regardless of what 'people' say or do. VIP-no doubt is ready to take the music industry to the next height. A couple of his tracks are available online on top blogs and youtube He is soon to release featuring tracks with home-based artistes  Horlaitan  and  Abd'Malik . Abeeb Babalawlar a.k.a VIP crane hails from Osun state but he is for now a Kwara based artiste. The acclaimed 'Vocalist war

[MUSIC] Naijasmile Ft Wackizy – 9jasmile [Prod. By: RealBeat]

NaijaSmile.com as No. One Music Portal Company in Nigeria. Have setup New “Project” on Featuring some Top Artist. Here is Brand New from the Project featuring Wackizy Omo Oro On This One Title 9jasmile Produced by: RealBeat. 9jasmile is a Lovely Song you will love to be Playing true out this 2016. Download, Enjoy And Share Download, Enjoy & Share.... Download & Share

I love Dubai –Ajoke Ahubelem, MD, AZZON Medicals

Mrs. Ajoke Ahubelem is the Managing Director of AZZON Medical Diagnostic Services, an outfit she incorporated over two decades ago. A trained mid-wife, Ahubelem ven­tured into diagnosis in her desire to make a difference in the nation’s health sector. She shares her favourites with Sunday Sun . Excerpts: What is your favourite colour? My favourite colour is yellow. Favourite food? My favourite food is pounded yam with okro soup; the Ondo people type of okro soup. Favourite at­tire? My favourite attire is a long gown. It is easy to move around in and it does not expose the body. You can wear it to church, to work or even to parties. Favourite car? Honda. Favourite au­thor? Oo Paul. He writes Christian literature. Favourite world leader? Nelson Mandela. He made a lot of sacrifices for his people. Favourite desti­nation? Dubai is my favou­rite spot. It is a very beautiful place. The first time I went there I didn’t want to come back. Favourite de­s

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby’s Health – Man Shares His Experience

Don’t ever doubt the Power of Intermet & Google.. Its dangerous if you do. A Nigerian sent this Mail to Us days ago on How the Internet helped Restore his baby health for Free, You can also, Its Free and Interesting. Read his Encounter below:- Follow Kellydonlink With great joy in my heart I give this brief account of how the internet helped restore my baby’s health and prevented possible long-term complications. My lovely eight-month old baby suddenly began having seizures few days ago. It was so severe that it worried me and her mum so much that we though it was a spiritual attack. She would suddenly stiffen her neck and shake with great energy (seemingly unconscious), and then return to normal mode in less than a minute. It happened like 3-5 times every 15minutes. Everytime it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked. We rushed to the hospital and some blood tests were recommended. On seeing the results, the Doctors qu

15-year old son of a King in Delta state who died in kidnappers den, is installed as King

The 15 year old son of Obi Akaeze Edward Ofulue III, the king of Ubulu-Uku Kingdom in Aniocha South Local Government Area of Delta State who was kidnapped and subsequently murdered last month by unknown gunmen, has been installed as king. Obi (King), Chukwuka Noah Akaeze I, was Installed as king this week and presented to members of the Royal family before he was presented to the council of elders at the palace. The deceased king was abducted on Obior/ Igbodo Road, Delta State, on the 5th of January along with his driver. He was later found dead at Ekon in Edo state. He was 52 years old.

Surprises, spectacle at Music & Entertainment Gospel Awards (MEGA) 2014

The uncanny revolution for the awakening of the Nige­rian music industry insti­tuted by the organisers of Nigeria’s premier gospel awards, Music and Enter­tainment Gospel Awards (MEGA) was courageously taken to greater heights with the second edition of the pacesetting project which took place in Lagos on Friday November 14, 2014. The award night tagged the ‘MEGA Show’ by the Main Organising Committee (MOC), was held at the Haven Event Cen­tre, Ikeja, GRA, Lagos with glitz, glamour and paparazzi. It was a landmark event which attracted outstanding celebrities such as broadcasting icon, Prince Bisi Olatilo, COSON’s chairman, Chief Tony Okoroji, Rev. Olufemi Ogedemgbe, Snr. Special Asst. (SSA) to the governor of Lagos State; Hotel Support Services’ duo, Dele Coker and Dipo Efunkoya, music legend, Laolu Akins, top presenter and channel owner, Agatha Amata, veteran actor and pro­ducer, Patrick Doyle, ex-reggae star, Amos McRoy Jegg, Broda Martyns, Lara George, Patrick Avoseh, President